Thursday, October 11, 2012

What if?

"What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if? - Letters to Juliet

I sat thinking about this scene in the movie today. The speech during the wedding scene held many emotions. The character spoke of finding love, but I want you to take a minute and reflect on how these two words can make a shift in every area of your life. I've listed some of my own "What if's" , we all have them. I find that the key to no regrets in life is acting on the "What if's". Every day, an ordinary, seemingly innocent one can startle you.

"Hey, Kathleen, the sun is shining! What if you took a break and went for a 20 minute walk? 
Would you feel better? 
Would the world stop because it caught you taking a break?  

What if?

What if money was no object? Would you be doing what you're doing right this minute? Do you connect your passion for life to your career?

What if?

What if you made those airplane reservations and planned that trip you've dreamed about for years?

What if? 

What if you tossed away the fears and rode the wave of "I did it before, I can do it again? Put the pain behind and launch a new path, using what you've learned and then some.

What if?

What if you succeed? What if that wonderful idea really is the key to your success? What if you don't try it?

It's easy to let the "What if's? loom large over your life. Perhaps the best first step to a "What if?" is to take a leap of faith. Write it out, look at it from a new perspective. I like to add a third small word to that phrase.  

What if it?  For me, that third word takes what if and grounds the dream. It launches me into action. 
So I have one question for you?
What if it........


I hope that you'll grab a pen & paper and write down the "What if" that has appeared in your life today! Please feel free to comment below and share it with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment