You have a great business based on a theme! Tea Parties are much loved and sought after by women of all ages!
These ladies are what we call your target market or niche market. Where to find them? That's the fun part! Yes, you heard me right, it's fun to go out and find bookings to build your business!
I've heard this described as "Lifestyle Bookings". Go out and about, live your life-do your errands and meet the people.
As you do this, listen. As you listen offer the pleasure of having a tea party!
Now, the post office clerk may not be the right person but you never know until you listen and then offer.
So many direct sellers get this mixed up. They ask and then listen and then wonder why they feel a bit pushy.
So listen first, engage in conversation and relationship building. Then offer your services!
Now, get out and meet the tea lovers in your area!
Where you ask? Do some poking around and a bit of research. Check your local papers and ask your friends. Thumb thru the tea time magazines.
Where are the women in your area meeting this month?
A few places to look are:
- House and Garden Tours- women love to admire beauty! Often the refreshments served are tea themed!
- Book Signing Events- women love to read, chat and be the first in line!
- Church Sponsored Teas- Have you checked with your own church? You may want to get involved with this one!
- Estate Sales- women love to poke and find a great deal - the larger the sale the more people you will meet
- Library Events- many libraries offer events focused on local speakers or entertainment- tea time falls right in line with this as well.
So, put on your prettiest tea party hat, place a few samples of tea in your purse and get out to meet the tea lovers in your area! Remember to have fun and always wear your smile! Don't forget your calendar to schedule all those tea parties and write down all the phone numbers!
The photo is from http://www.shedstyle.com/2008/05/06/shed-shindigs-party-time-in-texas/. Take a moment to visit this blog and see why the ladies are having so much fun!