Here are my top 5 tips for getting bookings during the summer months:
1. Make sure your "stinkin’ thinkin’" isn’t getting in your way. In other words, if you’ve convinced yourself that it’s hard to get bookings in the summer and no one will want to book a party with you, you’ll get exactly what you’re focused on. So change your belief and realize that there are folks in your company who are getting more bookings than they can do this summer, and you can too.
2. Come up with some fun summertime themes that will be irresistible for a prospective host. Consider printing out some fun, colorful summer themed invitations and putting them into a binder that’s readily available to show potential hosts at your parties.
3. Give more. Sometimes extra incentives are necessary to entice people to book parties. During the summer was always one of those times for me. Use booking gift items from your line or certificates for extra product credit or free shipping for hosting a party. (Note: If you’re giving an extra incentive gift, you deliver it when you show up to do the party, to ensure the party actually holds).
4. Think outside the box. If hosts are reluctant to host parties on their own or in their homes, how about an after work party in the lunchroom of their workplace or a
restaurant party. You can also encourage them to co-host a party with a fun friend. Co-hosted parties mean half the work and twice the fun.
5. Host a Party Fest. My Party Fest was a monthly event that was especially successful during the summer months when people are traveling and busy and don’t want to be "bothered" with planning a party. It’s a simple multiple-host event that allows you as the representative to do six to eight parties all in one night! (Wouldn’t you love that!?) Click here to read a previous post about setting up a multiple host event.
So, there you go. What are your best ideas for filling up your calendar this summer?
P.S. My "Tips of the Week" this month are all about summertime success in your direct sales business. Click here to join our mailing list so you won’t miss a single week!
Julie Anne Jones is a success language consultant, a direct sales coach and trainer, and the CEO of Julie Anne Jones, Inc. She is known for her authentic and easy-to-use scripting and specializes in specific language and tools for success in direct sales. To learn more about Julie Anne and her products and services, visit her at http://www.julieannejones.com/ or check out her blog at http://julieannejones.com/blog.